HeartCode PALS uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills.
After completing the online portion, students attend a structured PALS Hands-On Session with an AHA Instructor. This session focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing.
The Heartcode PALS course includes:
- Performing high-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR per AHA BLS recommendations
- Differentiating between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognizing cardiopulmonary arrest early and beginning CPR within 10 seconds
- Applying team dynamics
- Differentiating between respiratory distress and failure
- Performing early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiating between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Performing early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiating between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describing clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implementing post–cardiac arrest management